background

Thursday, February 21, 2008

After School Princess

We are driving home from Nana's preschool listening to "Barbie Sings the Princess Songs" (a CD collection of music from all of her favorite Barbie movies). Actually, I am listening to my daughter loudly belt the Barbie songs for the entire 24 minute drive. It is a typical day for my 3 year-old, Jadyn. Before I have the other children unloaded from the van I find myself tripping over a red backpack, her new preschool project, shoes and socks. Inside the house the trail continues - pants, jacket, shirt, hair clips and rubber bands; all leading up the stairs and to the Princess toy room dress up box. Jadyn's first thought when we get home is to rid herself of the "school clothes" Mommy cruelly forces her to wear when we go out in public. Once home, she can dress the part of the Princess she honestly believes herself to be. The hair comes down and my Princess begins her reign of the house.

No comments: