




My sister and her family have come and gone. It was a whirlwind of activities for the three weeks she was here, and probably the most fun I have had with my sister since my last night at College 8 years ago. (Don’t ask – just know that we had a REALLY good time painting the town red…) Since our kids are now old enough to play together it was so much fun to watch their interactions. They all had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa’s house but I have to wonder, what kid wouldn’t? We had activities, games, and parties almost every day. On top of that Grandma was always dishing out ice cream cones and Grandpa was making popcorn every time we turned around.
I think everyone misses Owen’s exclamation of, “Oh Man!” Jenna now says it all of the time. Jadyn thinks that she is a ‘Guitar Hero’ (although I am sure that Matthew was the one that was really playing) and she likes to tell me, “Mommy, I ROCK!” I have to thank Matthew for introducing Jadyn to the world of games: X-box and Leapster used to be foreign words in our house and now Jadyn thinks that she wants all of those games for her birthday. Hyrum loved lying on the floor and watching the 5 bigger kids run around and play. Life must seem a lot less interesting from his vantage point.

Mostly I have to thank my parents for giving the kids so many wonderful memories. We had a zoo trip, several swimming expeditions, birthday celebrations, a piƱata, an Easter egg hunt and lots of candy, park visits, Chuck-E-Cheese, movie nights, rock throwing, water fights, sleepovers, all of the good food a kid could want, games, stories, and the list can go on and on. We rarely get to see our Ohio Cousins, so this was a special treat. Every single day was an adventure. I must have taken over 1000 pictures while they were visiting.









1 comment:
What can I say? This was the best trip ever. We had so much fun. The kids are going to have such high expectations for next time!
Post a Comment