Kyla book tagged me and here are the rules-
1. Pick up the nearest book (with at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag 3 people.
I know I am a little late in getting my entry up, but here it is. After reading Wuthering Heights for our book club this month, I needed something different to occupy my mind. I grabbed a copy of The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Not exactly light reading, but interesting. I read it before - many years ago - and needed a refresher. It is sitting on my desk and is the closest thing to my computer. Page 123 goes like this:
“The World and the Flesh have failed us; a third Power remains. And success of this third kind is the most glorious of all. A spoiled saint, a Pharisee, an inquisitor, or a magician, makes better sport in Hell than a mere common tyrant or debauchee. "
So there you have it. I now tag Chelsea, Erin, and Sara.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment