background

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Life Lessons


The other night Jared sat down with one of his younger brothers. His brother has been struggling (as most teens do) with many of the rules he has been given. As they spoke, Jared began to share some of his thoughts on "real life" and the things that he has learned. When all was said and done, he ended up with 5 significant life lessons that could help his brother make some choices and changes in his life. With each life lesson, experiences were relayed that supported the statement. I was pretty impressed that my husband could spend 2 hours teaching lessons that I thought every young person should know. So, here they are...


1) Life takes work.

2) Life is hard.

3) Life has rules.

4) Life is not fair.

5) Life requires integrity.

Bonus lesson: Pornography will destroy your life.


I thought of 3 things I would add to his list and they are:

Life is amazing - be grateful.

Life starts now!

Love makes life worth living.


What are some of your life lessons? What would you tell a friend or family member if you have the chance?


3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Sounds perfect, if only we could get it to sink in to all the youth! And a few adults as well.

Nathan W said...

Hey Jared,
Okay, hold still right there.
Now, just imagine
you're weightless.
You're in the middle
of the ocean...
surrounded by
tiny little sea horses.
(Deb in Napoleon Dynamite)

sara said...

love both of your thoughts on life...so true!!!