background

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March 18th!


Jadyn has been waiting and waiting for March 18th to arrive. You see, March 18th meant two very exciting things were going to happen. Her cousins from Ohio would be coming to visit and Enchanted would finally be out on DVD. This morning Jadyn selected her Princess Giselle shirt and kept asking when we were leaving to go and get the new movie. After we arrived home from the store, she had to earn the opportunity to watch the movie. I have never seen her clean up the toy room so quickly. She even had me cover up my eyes before she would show me the spotless room because I would be too excited. When we finally sat down to watch it, Enchanted really delivered fun for the whole family.


Jadyn was singing along (as well as she could) with all of the songs. She laughed out loud in places and even had me clap at the end. ("Mother, you aren't clapping! You have to clap because she found her true love!") Jenna enjoyed it this time (when we saw it in the theater Jared and I took turns with her roaming the halls and missing chunks of the movie) and we (adults) laughed at all of the irony. It is a very clever movie and I am glad that I finally got to watch it all of the way through.


As soon as we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Jadyn rushed inside with her movie and her Giselle Barbie and asked if everyone wanted to watch Enchanted with her. She was just sure that her boy cousins would all love it. ("Matthew will want to be the Prince and I can be Giselle, OK?") Aunt Kyla even got a disbelieving look when she said 'Driselle' instead of 'Giselle'. The movie had to wait until after they all played ball, threw rocks in the ditch, and raced around playing outside games. It is so much fun watching Kyla's 3 boys run around with my 2 girls.


We were so happy that March 18th, Kyla's family, and Enchanted finally arrived!

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

I'm getting my copy today, I think I have been as excited as my kids! A very cute movie.

Erin said...

Still haven't seen it, want to though!

sara said...

jadyn is such a princess...she would be great in a movie like that someday...she doesn't even need acting lessons, she's got it all down to a t!

Alisa Larson said...

Jadyn is so funny. I can't believe she said "she found her true love". She's going to be one boy crazy teenager!