background

Sunday, January 18, 2009

When Mommy is Sick...

When Mommy is sick...call Jadyn.

Yep. Jared had to work yesterday. I was sick and Jadyn (at 4 years old) took charge of the household and everyone in it. She:
  • Got bottles, drinks, and snacks for Hyrum and Jenna
  • Changed out Movies so that Mommy could rest
  • Got herself and Jenna dressed and ready for the day
  • Fed the kids Breakfast
  • Made PB & J for the kids for lunch
  • Took care of Jenna's injury (scratch) with a kiss and a band-aid
  • Helped pick up
  • Reported to Mommy about every 5 to 10 mins.

This is what the house looked like around 3 p.m. Not bad for me being out of it all day.


I think the kids ate too many Popsicles, from what I could tell, but they seemed pretty happy about it.


Jadyn tried to take care of me. She made sure I always had a full water bottle. She would come and rub my back or my shoulders and say,
"You'll feel better soon, I just know it."


But the best line of the day from my little Miss Mommy was,
"Don't worry, Mom, I've got it all under control."

And she did.

Thanks, Jadie! You were a huge helper yesterday.

8 comments:

Jandi said...

That is so sweet. What a great "little" mommy. You are a great example, obviously...

The Riggs Family said...

Couldn't even tell you had been sick on Sunday, you looked great! What a great helper she is...
Goes to show you are not only a great teacher in Relief Society, but you are as a "Mother."

Jenifer said...

Very sweet! You have to love having a daughter be the oldest! I hope you are feeling better!

Abby said...

What a beautiful daughter. It is good to see that you are so well taken care of.

sara said...

love her...she is going to make one great wife and mother!

Em said...

I'm sorry you were sick. kids can suprise and amaze, although I am not really that suprised with your little Mom. She has been just itching for the chance:)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

That's so awesome! Little ones never stop amazing us do they?

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi, I'm Debbie. What a great blog you have here! Your daughter is precious! I'm going to do some reading. (: Stop by my blog and say hello any time!