background

Monday, December 29, 2008

Temple Lights on a Cold Night

We went to go see the Temple Lights on one of the coldest nights in December. Hyrum got to stay snuggled at Grandma's house and Jared and I took the girls. It was a wonderful experience. We had to warm up in the visitors center where we listened to a presentation on Christ and saw Nativity scenes from around the world.



Star of wonder, star of light... Jadyn told us that the star helped lead the wise men to the baby Jesus and we should follow the star, too. She is pretty wise for only being 4 years old.




I loved this shot of the temple. It is so bright and beautiful. I really enjoyed taking my girls to see the lights, talk about Christ, and enjoy a special holiday tradition.


After the temple we drove around looking for a place to get good hot chocolate. We settled on Starbucks and got some funny looks when we walked in with 2 little girls in PJs. The carmel apple drink was so yummy and the girls enjoyed their hot chocolate (after a few ice cubes were added). I was so glad that Jared made the time to go to the temple with us.

1 comment:

Em said...

I love going to see the lights. I love that picture of the temple. I know what family time this year means to you.