background

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Song For Mothers...

I love to make up different words to songs. It seems to be a family thing because Jared is always doing it and I catch Jadyn doing it as well. Today while I was driving to lunch I heard the "No Air" song (Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown) and I started singing my own lyrics. I wish I could remember them all, but the basic idea was the following:

Tell me how'm I suposta live with no sleep?
Can't live, can't give with no sleep...
So tired, all I want to do is dream.
Why can't I sleep?
Just need a whole night to be free-
Bet my kids could live without me
Mom would not be so cranky.
No sleep, no sleep...

The rest of the lyrics had things about my dark eye circles, wishing Jadyn would stay in her bed, night feedings, someone stealing my pillows, etc. Jadyn thought the whole thing was hilarious. She would. She doesn't mind waking me up about 3 or 4 times a night. In fact, some nights I wake up because my leg feels funny and I realize that she is laying on my legs! She doesn't really like her own bed because it is "...not soft like Mommy's bed." Seriously. She thinks that my pillows are softer than hers. I even gave her my favorite pillow the other night and she still ended up in my bed around 4 a.m. I try locking the door, but she finds a hanger and gets in anyway. Jenna has been going to bed later (because it is not dark yet) and getting up at first light. She needs about 12 hours at night and is not getting close to that. She wakes up cranky and before 6 a.m.! This summer thing is going to be the death of me. So to all of the moms that don't feel like they get any sleep, these lyrics are for us.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

That's funny, you should market those words! Isn't it funny, you get away from the kids for the weekend, yet we didn't get any sleep!