background

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun at Lehi Days


Is it already time for Lehi Days again? That must mean I have been blogging for one entire year!!! Lehi Days was one of the first blog entries I did last year. Wow! Where does the time go?

The kids enjoyed the petting zoo with Grandpa. I stayed outside this year. It was really crowded - the most crowded I have ever seen. Of course, Saturday was absolutely beautiful, so I am sure that everyone wanted to be outside. We could not have asked for better weather for the rodeo and BBQ.
Here are the kids holding a little chick.




While we waited for the pony ride, the girls showed their "balance beam" skills.


I had to include this photo because Jenna has a style all her own. She picked out her entire outfit from the shoes to the shades. She is very particular about what she wears. Funny Girl!


Grandma and Uncle Jared - normally he does not wear a cowboy hat, but that is what made it so funny.


Hyrum decided that making a horse sound is cool, but he was not about to ride a real one - even with Grandpa close. Look at those tears! Awww, poor little guy.


Jenna was ready to ride and basically told me that she could ride without any help from me.
"Mom, I know how to ride a horsey. You just hold on and say, 'Giddy-uppy' and he goes so fast. I can ride it by myself - don't hold on to the horsey."


Jadyn had it down as well and Hyrum liked walking next to the horse with Grandpa.

Meeting up with Nana and Papa was fun. Here is Hyrum with both of his grandpa's! I love that we live so close to family.


Hyrum didn't like the way the cotton candy felt, so instead of eating it himself, he kept feeding Grandpa. Thanks for being a good sport, Dad!


Jadyn had no problem polishing off an entire bag all by herself. She loves cotton candy!


I was all about the BBQ! It was so yummy and such a great deal for $6!


Since Lehi Days wasn't far from Daddy's office, he was able to break away and join us for lunch!!! That was so much fun. The kids were all thrilled by that big surprise. Thanks for coming, Sweetie!



As we walked home from the rodeo, the girls picked up rocks along the way. They were all ready to throw rocks and play in the ditch with Grandpa.



Everyone needed a nap after such a fun day in the sun. After the kids were rested, they were ready for more pony rides. Once again, Dad, I owe you one!


We had a great time at the Lehi Days Rodeo and BBQ. The kids look forward to attending every year. It is a great tradition for our family - even though we don't attend for the actual rodeo activities. (Not since Jared put bloomers on a calf a few years back! Ha, ha!)
It was great to see our extended family and friends there in attendance. We love Lehi Days!

7 comments:

The Monkeys said...

Your Dad looks exactly the same. Looks fun.

Jandi said...

I loved going to Lehi days when we were there! Great pictures. Hyrum didn't love the horses? It was great to see you ALL again! Thanks again for the great dinner... (Recipes please when you have time. oxna@hotmail(dot)com) Tell your husband thanks too for making the time!

melmommy said...

These pictures make me want warmer days! And soon! Looks like a blast and that food looks yummy. Your family is so cute.

The Beecrofts said...

It looks like so much fun. We wish we could be there with you. The pics are so great. The kids look like they are having so much fun (horse riding aside). One day we will be able to come and visit once in a while- that would be really great. It looks so warm outside- not that I'm complaining, we got up to 35 today! Take it easy!

Alisa Larson said...

Oh Man! I missed Lehi Days again!! I don't know why I forget every year!! Man I'm bummed.

Hana said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Em said...

What a great, fun, family day!