background

Friday, December 19, 2008

Released


For those of you that didn't know, my husband was released on Sunday as the Elders Quorum President. It was a bit of a bitter-sweet experience for him. He has served as president for 2 years and was in the previous presidency for 2 years. I have forgotten what it is like to have Jared home on Wednesday evenings - and on Sunday. :o) While he is sad about being released, his work schedule leaves little time for anything else. I guess it is a blessing in disguise.

He was so grateful to have served with such great men as counselors. As a wife, I felt he was really blessed to be surrounded by such good men. We have all been strengthened by their service, friendship, and testimonies. When he was called, he was told that he was given the chance to serve - at the expense of others. He was given the chance for growth and blessings. I have seen so much of both over the last 2 years. I am glad that he was given that opportunity. We have such an awesome ward and I know that Jared has really enjoyed these last several years. I can't wait to see what will be in store for him next.

1 comment:

Jandi said...

Congrats to you... I know what that is like having him gone Sundays, meetings on Thursday, and moves on Saturdays. Nathan is serving as that now! Welcome back to life Jared...