
Just call me Ms. Mommy (or Ms. Mother as Jadyn prefers).
I started Mommy School this July as a way to occupy my kids for a few hours every day and keep us all from going stir crazy. (Better late than never!) Last summer I remember that we went out a lot more, but with the ridiculous gas prices we have become home bodies. School has made a HUGE difference in the longs days at home and the girls really look forward to all of the different activities that we do in Mommy School.
We have several things that we do every day – like Show and Tell, Project Time, Story Time, Music Time, Exercises, Play Dough, Flash Cards, Games, Workbooks, Puzzles and Treats. We have also done a few hands-on learning activities, Musical Rhythms, New Songs, Finger Plays and Scripture Stories. I had binders of early childhood learning games/ideas/music play from my college courses in Music and Elementary Education. Finally I put some of it to good use!
I started Mommy School this July as a way to occupy my kids for a few hours every day and keep us all from going stir crazy. (Better late than never!) Last summer I remember that we went out a lot more, but with the ridiculous gas prices we have become home bodies. School has made a HUGE difference in the longs days at home and the girls really look forward to all of the different activities that we do in Mommy School.
We have several things that we do every day – like Show and Tell, Project Time, Story Time, Music Time, Exercises, Play Dough, Flash Cards, Games, Workbooks, Puzzles and Treats. We have also done a few hands-on learning activities, Musical Rhythms, New Songs, Finger Plays and Scripture Stories. I had binders of early childhood learning games/ideas/music play from my college courses in Music and Elementary Education. Finally I put some of it to good use!


Jadyn was able to work on more advanced skills like writing her letters and numbers in Jello powder and workbooks while Jenna was able to just have fun with the Jello and color.

One of their favorite projects (hands down) is painting. Jadyn and Jenna both love to paint pictures with watercolors or to paint objects with crayola craft paint. I LOVE the dollar store. We were able to get lots of little things to paint and color for $1 (or less)!


Music time was always loud - but lots of fun. The kids and I worked on short and long notes on the recorder. Even Hyrum got in on some of the action!


It has been great to change things around a little and be called Ms. Mommy, or Ms. Mother, for awhile each day. I have been taking pictures, but the best part of the day is when Daddy comes home and the girls clamor to show him the things they learned and created in school.


We love Mommy School! Looking back, it has been one of the highlights of our summer.





6 comments:
That is such a great idea! It would be fun one of these days to do something together sometime since we live so close to each other.
Oh, you are so good! I am immpressed. I bet your kids loved it! What a great way to pass the hot day!
I love all the pictures of Mommy school. Your kids are lucky to have such a great Mom!
Mommy school looks pretty fun!!
WAY TO GO SUPER MOM!
I love your ideas. Some days it's easier than others for me, but I really like some of the things your are implementing, especially music. I'm going to start doing that with my kids.
Hey, you need to send me your address so I can mail you a copy of the LD's DVD.
What a fun idea! I bet it would help cut down on the fighting and destroying of the house! Shoot..wish I had thought of it too!
Post a Comment