background

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

On the 4th of July we get a chance to reflect on the blessings of freedom. I feel so blessed to live in this great country. I am acutely aware of the freedoms that we enjoy. I have seen first hand the effects of bad leaders/government. My family lived in Germany both before and after the wall came down. It was a night and day difference between East/West. As a people we are so blessed! I am grateful to my father and grandfathers for their military service. I am proud of my family military heritage. I know that the freedoms that I enjoy are due in a large part to those that have worked to uphold the values I hold sacred. I am grateful for those who have organized and faithfully cared for our county and freedoms over the years. I am glad to have some time to reflect on those blessings that I tend to take for granted in my day to day life.



Today we kept things low key. Jared worked and I spent the day having fun with the kids. It is amazing how quickly you get back into “real life” after a vacation. The kids were all decked out in adorable red, white and blue. We had a photo shoot just before our family BBQ. It is tradition to take family 4th of July pictures. We have done it ever since Jadyn’s first Independence Day 4 years ago. This year was Hyrum’s first 4th! I can’t believe how quickly these kids are growing! I have to thank Nana for the perfect outfits. Thank you for helping my kids all look adorable!





Happy 4th of July! May we all take a moment to express our gratitude for our freedom and all those who have worked to uphold our nation over the years.

8 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Fantastic pics! Love the dresses!
Don'tcha love this country?

Vidal's Nest said...

Hey, Sorry I forgot about Thur scrapbooking at your place. Let me know what I owe you for the kit!
Hope it was fun!

melmommy said...

You all look so cute. I love the outfits. I'm also so grateful for America. I feel so blessed to live here and to raise my family here.

Tiffany said...

What a great tribute to our country! LOVE IT!! Those same thoughts have been on my mind for the past week or so... but you put it way better! I love the pics- especially that last one of Jared with the kids!!! Priceless!!

Em said...

I love the pictures. You have a great perspective on our great nation, having been involved with the military and living overseas. Lets pass this on to the next generation.

sara said...

love your thoughts and insight on our country...and the family pictures are perfect, i would love to have a 4th of July photo shoot with you in charge, i would need you to dress us too...

Kristen said...

I loved your thoughts on the fourth of July. Our freedom is definitely something we tend to take for granted. I wish we could celebrate it longer because it always seems to go by so quickly. Your kids look so cute in those outfits! Don't you just love parents who spoil their grandkids :). It's the best!

Betsy B said...

Great perspective on the fourth. It gave me something to think about for sure. You're family is way cute. They look like they sure do love their mom and dad!