This week has been especially tough...
- Jenna had a was kind of sick earlier this week. Whenever she doesn't feel well she just wants to be held all of the time. That is a little difficult with a little boy that needs to be held and fed also. I only have so many arms.
- On Wednesday Jenna spilled all of the liquid fabric softener on the floor and was sliding around in it (naked) like it was her own personal slip-n-slide. Normally I would grab my camera. This week, I just about lost it...
- Last night we made it to the store at 8:30 p.m. - after Jenna is normally in bed. I hassled wit
h 3 tired kids because I needed to get a few things for Jenna's birthday. What a mess - see photo of our WalMart trip. After getting out to the car and unloading kids and groceries, I realized that we walked out without paying for a pack of Bic pens. I had to reload the kids to go back into the store and pay the $.84 that we owed on the pens. At this point, Hyrum was really crying, Jenna and Jadyn were jumping off of the cart because they wanted to go home, and I was wondering how single mothers do this all of the time without going nuts. The best part was the sympathetic looks I kept getting from the people in the store. One lady even asked, "Awww. Is it past his bedtime?" I wanted to say, "Yes. It is. All of my kids should be in bed right now, thanks. Before you say anything else, I already know I am a bad mom for taking my kids to the store late at night. I just needed to grab a few things for my girl's birthday tomorrow." I didn't say that. I just smiled. - No one sleeps well when Daddy is gone. Jenna has been waking up several times a night just crying for him. Last night I brought her back to bed with me after midnight. That seemed to calm her down enough to get her to sleep. Around 2 a.m. I wake up feeling something warm on my side. Apparently Jenna's diaper was only attached on one side...I had to wake her up to change her and my bedding. Fabulous.
- Jadyn woke up just after 3:30 a.m. complaining that her head hurt. She was warm (of course) and her stomach was bothering her. I was up with her for the next 3 hours.
- Today was Jenna's birthday. Jadyn claimed to be feeling better because she wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch. This is Jadyn at lunch - asleep because she was still tired from staying awake most of the night.
- Jadyn had a fever of 102 this afternoon just before she took a nap. She was doing better after her nap. (Thankfully!) In fact, she wanted to play games when we got home - she had so much energy. It must have been the nap. I need one of those!

- Tonight we made Jenna some birthday cookies. She wanted Chocolate Chip Cookies instead of a cake. She even helped m
e make them. Somehow after I pulled out the last batch of cookies she climbed up and got her mouth/chin burned on the hot pan while I was putting Hyrum down for bed. She now has a lovely blister burn on her jaw. We had to make a late night run (again with all three tired kids) to CVS. She was such a trooper that we stopped at Sonic for some slushies and ice cream on the way home. What a memorable birthday...I hope she doesn't have a horrible scar.
So that is it. I have a few photos to prove it. Someday, I am sure that I will look back and laugh at all of this...I just don't think it is so funny right now.





8 comments:
Keeping it Real is sometimes a good thing! Hang in there!
I hope everyone is feeling better.
If you need some help please call me. I would love to watch the kids while you take a nap, pick up the house in peace or even run to the store. Let me know. :)
I agree I have no idea how single mothers cope. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough week without Jared. You are a nice wife to let him go, I might not have been so nice. Hope that everyone is feeling better soon. Oh and Happy Birthday Jenna!
I forgot to tell you that we have had to deal with the fabric softener all over the floor too. Thank you Kate! I am not as patient as you and actually did lose it. That stuff is so hard to clean up.
Kendra, I had to come check out your post after we got off the phone. All I can say is that YOU ARE REALLY AND TRULY ONE AMAZING!! WOMAN!!!!! Your kids are so lucky to have you!
...and don't get me started on people's comments while we're at the store! ÜÜ
Your kids are lucky to have such a great Mom, Hang in there!
I'm so sorry!!! I know how you feel! Tom is gone so much!!!
keep smiling though it sure does help!
Oh, poor you! I've had plenty of those days too. Joe is gone a lot on business in his job and it is definately harder to do it alone. I too, do not know how single mom's do it.
I feel your pain. I'm sure you are loving having him back. It was fun having him on the trek, seeing him all the time with his camera slung on his shoulder. That was good of you to let him go, and nice of him to come. Can't wait to see the video from it!!!
Post a Comment