I was just thinking about how awesome it is to be a Mom on Mother's Day. I can't remember a time in my young life when I did not want to be a Mom someday. It is an adventure that harder and more rewarding than I ever imagined. Here is my 10 favorites on Mother's Day 2008:
10. Pink Paint - I didn't even have to paint my toes for the special Sunday. I had "help" painting my feet (hands and clothes) yesterday while we worked on Nana's gift.
9. Jared's meetings were cancelled this morning. He stayed home and watched the kids so that I could finish working on my lesson. I really appreciate him helping out so much.
8. Chocolate at Church! We normally get a nice gift in our ward. This year our gift was accompanied by a Sees Candy Chocolate bar! Nice.
7. Breakfast in Bed! I love hearing the noise coming up from the kitchen and listening to the voices while Daddy makes breakfast. It is glorious to stay in bed just a few extra minutes. My breakfast was delicious. It was even better that I didn't have to make it myself. Thank you, family!
6. Jared! I am married to the best Daddy in the world. He is a wonderful father and husband. He is so supportive of my role as a mother and I can't thank him enough for all that he does to help. I know that I am a better wife and mother becuase of him.
5. Hyrum! My angel boy! I absolutley love having a little boy. His smile and little man laugh adds so much to our family. He is a Mama's Boy and I could not be happier. I love it when his face lights up when he sees me. He just warms my heart.
4. Jenna! The family sweetheart. She spends a lot of time trying to be Mommy's Big Helper. She likes to help me clean up, do the dishes, make dinner, and take care of Hyrum. She carries around her little baby dolls and tells me, "I am the Mommy, too." She is such a sweet girl.
3. Jadyn! My resident comedian. She is the light in my day. Jadyn talks and sings non-stop. We have the best conversations and I wish that I had a recorder going every time she had a story to tell me. She is a wonderful big sister and she brings so much joy and love into my life.
2. Jared's Mother! How could I make a list without mentioning the wonderful woman that raised my husband. My Mother-in-Law is someone with boundless talents. She has become one of my best friends and I can't imagine what life would be like without her. She is such a good Nana to my kids and Jadyn has really enjoyed having her as a teacher this year. I love her and wish I could grow to be like her in so many ways.
1. My Mother! I have really grown to appreciate my own amazing Mother more and more in recent years. My Mom gave me my wings and still gives me confidence in all that I try to do. I can never thank her enough. She loves my family and takes care of all of us. She is the most selfless woman I know. Growing up, Mom became the mother for all of my friends and countless "adopted" military brothers. She has spent her entire life taking care of everyone else. She constantly amazes me. I love her so much. I can't even express what she means to me. I can just try to thank her for giving me such a great example of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
See...all that puking really is worth it...
Post a Comment