background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spontaneous Photography






After dinner tonight I sent the kids out to the back yard to play for a bit. The weather was beautiful and I even put Hyrum outside on a blanket so that he could watch his sisters run around. I went out to check on them a few minutes later and Hyrum looked so cute that I just had to take some pictures. It was that golden time of day - the perfect light for ambient photos. So, I grabbed the D200 (that I still don't know how to operate as well as I would like) and rushed back outside. I had some focusing issues, but the overall end product was great. I finished taking pictures in a few minutes (or 53 photos later) and could not wait to get the kids down tonight so that I could come in and see how they turned out. I am so glad that I took a few minutes to capture my son tonight. He is getting so big and looking older all of the time. I tend to take most of my pictures with the Canon Powershot - it is a quick and easy way to grab those little moments (plus I can carry it in my Mommy bag, I mean purse) without any fuss. Well tonight I just grabbed the nice camera and went for it. I didn't set up any shots, bring in backgrounds, or do anything fancy. It was just my adorable son on a blanket...I absolutely love how everything turned out! It just goes to show, I need to be a lot better about grabbing my Nikon.

2 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

How precious are these pictures, he is adorable Kendra. You really got some great shots, but you are pretty much a pro anyway. I loved reading your blog.

Tiffany said...

What CUTE, CUTE pictures Kendra!!! We just got a nicer camera, so I'll have to come take some lessons from you!